There are lots of options out there for drying your furry friend after a wet and muddy walk. But not all of them offer the quality, value and durability that they promise. This is where we truly believe that British-made dog drying coats are the ultimate choice, and it’s why Dogrobes always have and always will be made in Britain.
But what sets British-made dog drying coats apart from the rest? And what are the benefits for businesses and customers alike to support British manufacturing? Read on as we explore what it means to be made in Britain and why it’s so important to us at Dogrobes.
What is a Made in Britain product?
The term "Made in Britain" refers to products that have been manufactured or produced in Great Britain. Both physical and digital products can be classified as made in Britain. In the case of physical products, the Made in Britain organisation defines a British product as:
“Physical products which are deemed to have been manufactured or produced in Great Britain, as a result of Great Britain being the place where all labour/human resources manufacturing or producing the finished physical product is provided.”
Made in Britain verifies this by allowing registered brands and products to display the official Made in Britain mark when promoting their products. The Made in Britain mark is a symbol of quality, craftsmanship and ethical production. It signifies that the product has been made to the highest standards and supports British manufacturing.
Exceptional craftsmanship and attention to detail are at the core of British-made products, and dog drying coats are no exception. Made from high-quality, durable materials, they are designed to provide optimal comfort for your pup.
Choosing a dog drying coat that is made in Britain, such as Dogrobes, ensures that you are investing in a high-quality item. By purchasing a British-made dog drying coat, you are not only supporting local businesses but also guaranteeing the best for your furry friend.
Features to consider when choosing a dog robe or dog drying coat
When you think of the features you’d like in a dog drying coat, a lot of these come naturally from being made in Britain by a trusted brand. Firstly, the material used should be durable and of high quality, and the product should feature quality design and craftsmanship, ensuring that it can withstand frequent use and washing.
Another important feature to consider is the fit of the coat. Dogrobes are available in various sizes to fit different breeds , ensuring a snug and secure fit. This is important as a well-fitting coat provides optimal comfort for your dog. Drying coats or dressing gowns for dogs should also be easy to fit to you can put them on quickly after a walk or bath time, before your dog drips or shakes everywhere!
Your dog drying robe should be designed with dogs in mind. Some dogs may be wary of wearing clothes, so the coat should be as comfortable and comforting as possible. Dogrobes are single-layered, lightweight and breathable to make them well-tolerated by dogs. And we don’t use Velcro in any of our designs as the sound of Velcro can spook some dogs, and becomes less effective if it gets clogged with dog hair.
Also consider the design and style of the coat. Dog drying coats often come in a variety of colours and patterns, allowing you to choose a coat that not only serves its purpose but also looks stylish on your furry friend. Dogrobes are available in 11 colours plus the stylish patterns in our Exclusive Collection. After all, who says practicality can't be fashionable?
Why it's important to Dogrobes to be made in Britain
As a Scotland-based business, we take pride in producing our products in Britain and being members of the Made in Britain organisation. While it’s slightly more expensive to manufacture our products in Britain, it is important to us that we support British manufacturing and other British businesses.
British manufacturing offers several advantages, allowing us to maintain tight control over the production process and the supply chain, ensuring that every Dogrobe, Snood and Gauntlet meets our high quality standards. By keeping production local, we can closely monitor every step, from sourcing materials to the final product.
Being made in Britain also means supporting our local community and economy, helping to contribute to the growth and sustainability of British manufacturing. And it’s easier to collaborate and communicate with other British manufacturers and suppliers.
Made in Britain is not just a label, but a testament to our commitment to quality, sustainability and supporting British manufacturing.
Care and maintenance tips for dog robes and drying coats to make them last
We pride ourselves on making quality dog drying coats that are made to last. Our customers often tell us they still have their original Dogrobe from years and years ago and haven’t needed to replace it yet.
Proper care and maintenance for your dog drying robe will help to ensure it lasts just as long. Always follow the care instructions on the label. Each coat may have specific washing and drying instructions, so it's important to read and follow them accordingly. Here’s what we recommend for your Dogrobe:
1. Wash it separately before you first use it, washing at 40°C and tumble drying on a low heat, or air drying if preferred. It is not suitable for dry cleaning or ironing.
2. Dry the Dogrobe thoroughly in between uses. It is single-layered and fast drying, making it quick and easy to air dry.
3. How often you need to wash your Dogrobe will depend on how often you use it and how mucky your dog gets. Many of our customers wash theirs around once a week to keep it fresh.
4. Before washing, remove any excess dirt or debris from the coat. This can be done by gently brushing or shaking off the coat outdoors.
5. Don't use liquid fabric softener and dryer sheets or use them very sparingly, as these can reduce the absorption of the towelling fabric. Don’t use harsh chemicals or cleaners such as bleach.
6. Regularly inspect the coat for any signs of wear and tear. If you notice any loose stitches or damaged closures, repair them promptly to prevent further damage.
By following these care and maintenance tips, you can ensure that your dog robe or drying coat remains in excellent condition, providing years of comfort for your furry friend.
What does the Made In Britain organisation do to support British manufacturing?
The Made in Britain organisation plays a vital role in supporting and promoting British manufacturing. They work with a wide range of businesses and manufacturers across various industries, ensuring that products made in Britain receive the recognition they deserve.
One of the key initiatives undertaken by the Made in Britain organisation is the accreditation process. This process involves assessing and verifying that a product meets the necessary criteria to be labelled as Made in Britain.
By awarding the Made in Britain mark to qualifying products, the organisation helps consumers identify and support British-made goods. This not only benefits manufacturers by increasing their visibility and sales, but also supports the local economy and promotes job creation. At the same time, consumers know they are getting trusted and quality products.
The Made in Britain organisation provides a platform for manufacturers to connect and collaborate. Through networking events, workshops, and online resources, they facilitate knowledge sharing and encourage partnerships within the British manufacturing community.
The Made in Britain organisation plays a crucial role in preserving and promoting British manufacturing, ensuring that the quality and craftsmanship associated with British-made products continue to thrive.
What are the benefits of buying British?
Choosing to buy British-made products offers a range of benefits, both for consumers and the economy as a whole. Here are some reasons why buying British is a wise choice:
1. Quality and craftsmanship: British-made products are known for their exceptional quality and craftsmanship. Made with attention to detail and using premium materials, these products are built to last, ensuring value for money.
2. Ethical production: Buying British helps support ethical production practices. Many British manufacturers adhere to strict environmental and labour standards, ensuring that their products are produced in a sustainable and responsible manner.
3. Local economy: By purchasing British-made goods, you are supporting local businesses and the economy. This, in turn, helps create and sustain employment opportunities, contributing to the overall prosperity of the community.
4. Reduced carbon footprint: Buying locally manufactured products reduces the carbon footprint associated with transportation and logistics. By choosing British-made goods, you are minimising the environmental impact of long-distance shipping.
5. Unique and authentic: British-made products often embody a sense of heritage, tradition, and uniqueness. Whether it's a handcrafted item or a product that reflects British design and culture, buying British allows you to own something special and distinctive.
6. Customer support and service: When you buy British, you are more likely to receive excellent customer support and service. Local manufacturers are often accessible and responsive, ensuring that any queries or issues are promptly addressed.
Buying British not only guarantees quality and authenticity but also supports local businesses and the economy, making it a win-win for both consumers and the community.
Customer testimonials and reviews of British-made dog robes and dog drying coats
What do our customers think about our dog drying coats and the fact that they’re made in Britain? The positive feedback from customers who have purchased Dogrobes speaks volumes about the quality and value of these products.
How to find brands and products that are made in Britain
If you're interested in supporting British manufacturing and purchasing products made in Britain, there are several ways to find brands and products that align with your values. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Check for the Made in Britain mark: Look for products that proudly display the Made in Britain mark. This ensures that the product has been verified by the Made in Britain organisation and meets the necessary criteria.
2. Visit the Made in Britain website: Visit madeinbritain.org where you can find out more about the organisation, discover its members and browse products that are made in Britain. You can check out our Made in Britain member profile and the products we have listed there.
3. Research online: Conduct a search online for British-made products in specific industries or categories. Many manufacturers have websites or online marketplaces where you can find their products.
4. Support local retailers: Visit local retailers and shops that specialize in British-made products. These stores often curate a selection of high-quality, locally produced goods.
5. Read labels and packaging: When shopping, pay attention to labels and packaging. Look for phrases such as "Made in Britain," "Manufactured in the UK," or "Designed and Produced in the United Kingdom."
6. Seek recommendations: Ask friends, family, or online communities for recommendations on British-made products. Personal recommendations can be a great way to discover new brands and products that may not be widely known.
By following these tips, you can easily find and support brands and products that are made in Britain, contributing to the growth and sustainability of British manufacturing.
Spoil your dog with comfort and style with a British-made dog robe or dog drying coat
While it can be tempting to opt for cheaper alternatives, investing in a British-made dog drying coat guarantees longevity and value for money. So, if you want to keep your furry friend cosy, dry and stylish, don't hesitate to invest in a British-made dog drying coat.
Designed to provide unmatched comfort and style, these canine accessories are a must-have for every dog owner. Pamper your four-legged companion and take their comfort to the next level. Discover the finest British-made Dogrobes today.